Saturday, January 30, 2010

Okalaska



Okalaska, where the sleet comes sweeping down the plains. And the freezing rain is really a pain and cabin fever is all you gain...... (sung to the melody of "Oklahoma)

To borrow a term we heard from a good friend of ours (thanks Chuck) we believe we have landed in Okalaska. I can honestly say I have never seen such a display of sleet and ice. Today, after about 1 1/2 hours we were able to free our cars. Big learning curve though....don't leave the ice scraper INSIDE the car when this type of storm happens. If you can't get in the car, it doesn't do you much good!
We heard back from our realtor who is stranded in Atlanta and our offer has been countered. We will wait until she can advise us before going further. In the mean time, we are expanding our search and weighing options.
We found a downtown OKC condo advertised for monthly rental today. We are more than ready to get OUT OF HERE! Hopefully we can see it tomorrow and move to yet another temporary home. I think my late night trek to the office in my sweats to have a chat with the night clerk is a good indication. I was sick, tired, cranky, full of cabin fever and really disgusted with all the racket coming from above us. I probably did not handle it all that well, do you think? I apologized for not having the knowledge from hotel management school, but why cram at least 3 adults, 2 kids, and 2 dogs in one hotel room above the Cinottos, when you have the whole entire complex to put them in? Having been the second time the Marriott made this kind of great planning decision it is time to go. The night clerk promised to post a big sign warning not to use the room above us unless necessary. I think he just wanted me out of his lobby....We'll keep you posted. Downtown life in a high rise might be a kick for awhile! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment